Friday, May 2, 2008

Untitled poem from 2007 By: B.J. Raymond


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSypnaxAlP4


I am a dark man.
I’ve sung Sinatra tunes as I showered, with killers, and sinners, of all shapes and colors.
Better men you would be hard pressed to find, these dark men of all kinds, though you searched far and wide…
I am a wanderer.
I’ve had the urge to “Go Greyhound”, from sea to shining sea, at least a time or three…
Better had it been a covered wagon, on that old highway they called the Oregon Trail.
Or a ship destined for parts unknown, raise the anchor and hoist the sail…
I am an addict and a stoner.
You can always count on drugs to be your friend, right up until the end. Mary Jane is the perfect companion for an introverted loner, she’ll always be my one and only, but even a loner gets lonely…
I am a lover.
I am a lover lacking any significant other, who wants to date a philosophical fool who lives with his mother? A hopeless romantic with emphasis on the hopeless, but I really did love her, and I just hope she knows it. Hi I’m Robert, but everybody calls me Bob, I’d love to take you out to dinner but I haven’t any car and no real job.
I am a writer.
In a double wide trailer, on a road named Taylor, I hide inside my own mind and type worse gibberish than Mailer… Lacking any true inspiration due to the cold hard facts of the situation that I’m facing…
I am an outlaw.
Wanted for consensual crimes for which I’ve served more than my time. The crimes never came close to fitting the punishment, but since when is that even relevant?
Another product of the system, viciously victimized, but not ever a victim.
I’d do it again for the hell of it, if I could only stand the smell of it…
I am a dark man.

No comments: