Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Give us this day our daily Blog!



Allright, so after many years of unabashed hatred and disdain I've been dragged kicking and screaming into the world of internet blogging. Just because you have internet access and too much time on your hands does not mean the world cares about you and wants to read your diary! I still believe that, and I still harbor a great deal of hatred and disdain for most bloggers. The difference is I am a true professional, a craftsmen of the highest order. I am a writer. I always have been, I started writing as soon as I'd learned to really read, in the second grade. It's what I was made to do, and it's what I'm best at.

.

But ever since Burning Man last year I have been suffering from a near crippling case of Writer's Block. In fact I've written almost nothing of substance at all with the possible exception of a few of my more witty and/or intelligent posts on various message boards. Amidst all the clutter and bullshit there was some decent writing, decent enough to save for later publication perhaps.

.

Which leads me back to blogging. Instead of rambling on about my cat or the mean girl at work, I'm going to use this blog as a place to post and receive feedback about some of my fiction, and also as a place to write something new everyday. EVERYDAY being the key word! You see I think I may have shaken off the Writer's Block, the muse that I had all but given up on and left for dead has been buzzing around inside my skull lately with increasing frequency. It could be the Great American Novel, or it could just be some really good hashish, but either way I will write a new blog post everyday.

.

So the mean girl at work kicked my cat today...

1 comment:

progWORKress916 said...

I have nothing of substance to comment about this. I just wanted to say that the last part about that mean girl at work kicking your cat totally made my freakin' day!