Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Daily Blog#2! Disc Golf Craze Sweeps Nor Cal!


At some point, perhaps during one of my periods of incarceration, Disc Golf replaced Hackey Sack as the "official" sport of stoners in Nor Cal, and I didn't get the memo. Apparently it's a new state law that if you are between the ages of 13 and 40 and you party, you must also play Disc Golf. I've only tried it a couple of times, but I can see the allure. It's the same allure that most outdoor sports have for stoners, it's all about getting fucked up in the great outdoors. I'm all for that, so while I find Frisbee Golf to be mildly entertaining at best, I still see a set of Discs in my future. Or maybe I'll just kick the Hackey Sack around while everyone else is "golfing."

.

If these guys spent as much time playing real golf as they do throwing Frisbees around, they'd not only be playing a "respectable" sport, they might eventually be on a first name basis with both the prosecuting attorneys from the D.A.'s office, and the Judge. It's all about networking!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude... it was the official stoner sport in the early 90's in the midwest... are you telling me that something actually moved from middle america to the west??? ... somewhat dubious... gotta love disc golf!